Reward On Offer For Information On Person At Fault For Hit And Run Accident
There is a reward on offer for information that leads to the arrest of the suspect(s) responsible for a fatal hit-and-run accident on July 22, 2020. The accident happened near CSU Bakersfield, and it killed Deborah Ann Geneau, a local 65-year-old resident.
Chain | Cohn | Stiles and several members of Deborah’s family are offering a $2,500 reward to a person who helps identify the person responsible. If you have any information regarding the accident in question, then please call 326-3967 or the Kern Secret Witness line at (661) 322-4040.
A Description Of The Accident And The Suspect’s Vehicle
The suspect in question was driving a 2013-2019 dark grey Nissan Sentra. The accident occurred near CSU Bakersfield on the Stockdale Highway close to Don Hart Drive. After the accident, the suspect fled the scene, turning down a bike path parking area across from the college campus. The car sustained significant drivers’ side damage.
There are videos of the accident (found here) that show footage from a Golden Empire Transportation bus that was near the accident.
According to investigator Ray Pruitt, it was an accident up until the suspect ran from the scene.
“At this point, all indications are that this was an accident. But a person made a decision after being involved in a fatal accident to flee the scene. Now that person has to be held accountable.” – Ray Pruitt, investigator with Chain | Cohn | Stiles
Support The Family
If you’d like to help support the family in these trying times, then you can donate to the family’s GoFundMe page. All proceeds go to help pay for the Deborah’s funeral expenses. You can access the GoFundMe page here.
Crash Media Coverage
- Suspect’s car seen on video obtained by BPD in fatal hit-and-run (Eyewitness News – July 22, 2020)
- Coroner identifies victim of fatal traffic accident Wednesday on Stockdale Highway (The Bakersfield Californian – July 23, 2020)
- GoFundMe account set up for family of woman killed in hit-and-run collision on Stockdale Highway (KGET-17, NBC – July 24, 2020)
- Widower remembers woman killed in Stockdale Highway hit-and-run, shares message for suspect (KGET-17, NBC – July 25, 2020)
Reward Media Coverage
- Reward being offered for information leading to arrest in fatal hit-and-run near CSUB last week (KGET-17 – July 29, 2020)
- $2,500 reward being offered in deadly crash near CSUB (23ABC News – July 29, 2020)
- $2,500 reward for information leading to arrest of suspect in deadly hit-and-run near CSUB (Eyewitness News – July 29, 2020)
- Family of woman killed in hit-and-run crash near CSUB plea for driver to turn themselves in (23ABC News – July 29, 2020)
- Family of Stockdale Highway hit-and-run victim offering reward for suspect identification (The Bakersfield Californian – July 29, 2020) (online version)
- BPD releases surveillance video of hit-and-run suspect vehicle (23ABC News – July 29, 2020)