Visalia Brain Injury Treatment
Visalia brain injury treatment is an integral part of the personal injury recovery process. A traumatic brain injury, or TBI, is among the most serious injuries that a person can experience. Such injuries can occur for a number of reasons, but they are particularly upsetting when they happen because of someone else’s negligence. Learn more about Visalia brain injury symptoms and related information to ensure that your rights are protected. Brain Injury Causes Approximately 1.7 million Americans are killed, hospitalized or visit ERs due to traumatic brain injuries every year. At Chain | Cohn | Stiles, we routinely see people whose TBIs have been caused by sports, falls, auto accidents and other incidents. All too often, they occur because of other people’s negligence. In that case, it is crucial to seek legal representation to get the compensation that you are owed.
Contact the professional Visalia brain injury treatment lawyers for more information today
Visalia Brain Injury Symptoms
Visalia brain injury effects vary. In the immediate aftermath of a suspected brain injury, look for the following symptoms, and seek medical care immediately if they occur:
- Inability to remember recent events
- Dizziness and nausea
- Tiredness and sluggishness
- Numbness or weakness on one side of the body
- Severe headache
If you would like more information regarding traumatic brain injuries, then just click HERE.
Visalia Brain Injury Effects By Region Of The Brain
Visalia brain injury symptoms vary depending on which region of the brain is affected:
- Frontal Lobe – The frontal lobe is located near the forehead. Symptoms of a frontal lobe injury may include an inability to focus, mood changes, paralysis and changes in personality.
- Parietal Lobe – Located near the top and back of the head, the parietal lobe may be injured in a number of ways. Symptoms of such an injury include reading problems, issues with eye-to-hand coordination, an inability to name objects and difficulty distinguishing left from right.
- Occipital Lobe – Symptoms of an injury to the occipital lobe, which is located at the far back of the head, may include vision defects, word blindness, hallucinations and trouble identifying colors.
- Temporal Lobe – The temporal lobe is located on the side of the head above the ear. Symptoms of a temporal lobe injury may include aggressive behavior, short-term memory loss and long-term memory problems.
- Brain Stem – When injured, the brain stem, which is deep inside the brain, may cause symptoms like sleep problems, vertigo and difficulty swallowing food and water.
- Cerebellum – The cerebellum is located near the base of the skull. Injuries to the cerebellum may cause symptoms like tremors, slurred speech and an inability to walk.
Visalia Brain Injury Treatment
Treatments for brain injuries include medications like anti-seizure medication and diuretics; surgeries to remove hematomas, to repair open fractures or to alleviate pressure by opening a window in the skull and rehabilitation to relearn basic functions.
If you or someone who you love has suffered from a TBI and requires Visalia brain injury treatment, contact Chain | Cohn | Stiles today.