James A. Yoro is a senior partner with the firm, where he manages the firm’s workers’ compensation practice. He is also a Certified Workers’ Compensation Professional in California, and is one of the most veteran and most respected workers’ compensation lawyers in the San Joaquin Valley.
James attended Garces Memorial High School, before obtaining his bachelor’s degree from the University of California, Berkeley and his law degree from the UC Berkeley School of Law. Following law school, he worked as a staff attorney with Greater Bakersfield Legal Assistance before joining the firm as an associate in 1982, and becoming a partner in 1987.
James is the President of Kern County Bar Association, and was recently recognized in the Best Lawyers in America program, which is the oldest and among the most respected attorney ranking services in the world. He has argued cases before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals the California Supreme Court. For nearly 40 years, he has fought day in and day out for the rights of injured workers.
He has also served as Chairman of the Board of Directors for Greater Bakersfield Legal Assistance, on the Board of Governors for the California Applicants’ Attorneys Association, and the Board of Directors for Kern Regional Center.
Outside of the office, James is also deeply involved in the Filipino community and participates in the annual Philippine Weekend festival in Delano.
Roberto G. -
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 1975
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law, J.D., 1978
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- California Applicants’ Attorneys Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (NOSSCR)
- Kern County Bar Association