10 Most Dangerous Intersections in Bakersfield
Of all the intersections in Bakersfield, Ming Avenue and New Stine Road in southwest Bakersfield has experienced the most collisions involving motor vehicles since 2011.
That’s according to an analysis by the Law Office of Chain | Cohn | Clark, which also found that the area with the most intersection collisions overall are in downtown Bakersfield and northeast Bakersfield, while the top three intersections with the most collisions were in southwest Bakersfield.
The top 10 most dangerous intersections in Bakersfield are as follows:
- 4th Street + Union Avenue: 30 Crashes
- H Street + Wilson Road: 31 Crashes
- Baker Street + Niles Street: 31 Crashes
- H Street + Planz Road: 33 Crashes
- H Street + Ming Avenue: 34 Crashes
- Brundage Lane + P Street: 34 Crashes
- 34th Street + Q Street: 34 Crashes
- Real Road + Wilson Road: 35 Crashes
- Gosford Road + Ming Avenue: 37 Crashes
- Ming Avenue and New Stine Road: 40 Crashes
This report is released at a time when traffic deaths in the United States have reached record highs, and impaired driving, distracted driving, increased speeding, larger vehicles on our roads, and crumbling infrastructure all contributing to the spikes. Additionally, a recent national study analyzing accident rates, speeding tickets, DUIs, and citations found Bakersfield to be the city in the country with the worst drivers.
“We want to bring awareness to not only the issues facing motorists, pedestrians, and bicyclists on our roadways, but the areas in our community with the highest numbers of collisions,” said Matt Clark, senior partner and attorney at Chain | Cohn | Clark. “As we cross these paths, let’s be extra careful to make sure we all make it home safe.”
If you or someone you know is injured in an accident at the fault of someone else, or injured on the job no matter whose fault it is, contact the attorneys at Chain | Cohn | Clark by calling (661) 323-4000, or fill out a free consultation form, text, or chat with us at chainlaw.com.
- Do you travel one of Bakersfield’s most dangerous intersections? (KGET-17, NBC – Oct. 26, 2022)
- Report: Ming Avenue and New Stine Road most dangerous intersection in Bakersfield (23ABC News – Oct. 26, 2022)
- Law office report: Top 10 most dangerous intersections in Bakersfield (Eyewitness News / BakersfieldNow – Oct. 26, 2022) (Web Article)
- Report: Ming Avenue-New Stine Road intersection had highest number of collisions since 2011 (The Bakersfield Californian – Oct. 28, 2022) (Web Article)