March 18, 2015 | At the Firm , Community Service Social Share
Annual Cioppino Feed to benefit several Bakersfield nonprofits, causes
Chain | Cohn | Clark had a great time at the Bakersfield West Rotary Cioppino Feed, benefiting several Kern County charities. Pictured here on Instagram are attorneys Matt Clark, Beatriz Trejo, Chad Boyles and Neil Gehlawat.
Hundreds of Kern County residents will sit together Saturday evening with plastic bibs around their necks and dig into seafood stew — all in the name of several great local causes.
The Cioppino Feed is an annual fundraiser that this year will benefit the Kern Coalition Against Human Trafficking, the Bakersfield West Rotary Breast Cancer Fund at San Joaquin Community Hospital, the Bakersfield West Rotary Foundation and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Kern County.
The Bakersfield-based personal injury and workers’ compensation* law firm Chain | Cohn | Clark is proud to be a sponsor this year for the event.
“The Cioppino Feed is one of Bakersfield’s most successful charity events of the year, which helps support some of our areas greatest causes,” said Matt Clark, senior partner at Chain | Cohn | Clark. “Our law firm is thrilled to be able to support this event and these local nonprofits.”
The Cioppino Feed, the 23rd annual fundraiser, is hosted by Bakersfield West Rotary from 6 to 10 p.m. on March 21 at Monsignor Leddy Hall at Garces Memorial High School.
Cioppino is an Italian-American fish stew that combines crab, clams, shrimp, scallops, squid, mussels and fish in a tomato in a wine sauce, and served with toasted bread. The annual event will also feature live and silent auctions to further benefit the charities.
Here’s a little bit more about each of the befitting local causes:
- Kern Coalition Against Human Trafficking is a grassroots coalition created in 2012 aimed to combat human trafficking in Kern County through prevention, protection and partnerships.
- Bakersfield West Rotary Breast Cancer Fund at San Joaquin Community Hospital is a perpetual program that helps provide annual mammograms, biopsies, compression garments and other needs for women in Kern County through the new Breast Center at San Joaquin Community Hospital. The center includes state-of-the-art equipment such as Tomosynthesis 3D Mammography and biopsy equipment.
- Bakersfield West Rotary Foundation, established in 1993, serves the less fortunate youth of Kern County by providing in local education, literacy, health and welfare. Its mission is to provide assistance to those organizations and individuals dedicated to these goals.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Kern County serves some 5,000 local boys and girls throughout our area. The Cioppino Feed funds will help the club continue to inspire and enable these youth to reach their fullest potential as productive, responsive and caring citizens.
If you’d like to support the Cioppino Feed or would like more information, call Howdy Miller at 747-5380. Tickets are $100 each.
To see various media coverage of the event, click the articles here:
- First Look with Scott Cox: Get your Cioppino Feed on Saturday
- Bakersfield Life Magazine: Rotary Club to host Cioppino Feed fundraiser
And to see other causes and nonprofits supported in recent years by Chain | Cohn | Clark, visit the “Community” page at Chainlaw.com.
*NOTICE: Making a false or fraudulent Workers’ Compensation claim is a felony subject to up to 5 years in a prison or a fine of up to $150,000 or double the value of the fraud, whichever is greater, or by both imprisonment and fine.