Chain | Cohn | Clark Newsletter: Remembering 2016, looking ahead to 2017
Editor’s Note: The following was published in an e-newsletter sent out to those signed up to receive the Chain | Cohn | Clark newsletter. View it in your browser here. To keep up with the latest news, contests and updates from Chain | Cohn | Clark, click here and scroll to the bottom of the page to input your email address into the “newsletter sign-up” section.
A Happy New Year to you from all of us at Chain | Cohn | Clark! As Albert Einstein once said, “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.”
Along those lines, we wanted to make you aware of some of the activities we’ve been involved with since the last time we checked in with you:
- We were the presenting sponsor for annual Walk Like MADD & MADD Dash 5K, which raised more than $62,000 to fight against drinking and driving locally.
- We saw our fair share of news coverage from high-profile cases and our community work, including for a settlement in the David Silva case, fighting against DUIs in Kern County, fighting for victims of elder abuse as well as for victims of sex assault, and for speaking out against bad workers’ compensation laws in California.
- We commemorated our one-year anniversary in our new office in downtown Bakersfield.
Today, Chain | Cohn | Clark is continuing its work in serving our community, and representing injury and accident victims. For example …
- We partnered with Bike Bakersfield to give out free bicycle safety lights in various areas in town. Get yours by before the end of the month.
- We provided tips and advice to help you stay safe, including new driving safety laws for 2017, as well as information on drowsy and distracted driving.
- We joined local Spanish media to help answer legal questions from our Hispanic residents of Kern County.
And lastly, keep an eye out for Chain | Cohn | Clark in 2017 in the following:
- Chain | Cohn | Clark has been nominated as “Best Law Firm” in the Best of Kern County poll, and partners David Cohn and Matt Clark in the “Best Lawyer” category. We would be honored to have your vote! Go to bestofkern.com to vote.
- We’ll be the presenting sponsor once again for the Bakersfield Walk Like MADD & MADD Dash 5K, scheduled for Sept. 23, 2017, at Park at River Walk. Join us in the fight against drunk driving in Kern County.
- Keep an eye out for new videos on our website, chainlaw.com, and your television.
We wish you a healthy and happy 2017. Keep up with Chain | Cohn | Clark activities throughout the year by following our various social media pages listed below, which are updated daily, as well as our blog, Blogging for Justice.
All of us at Chain | Cohn | Clark