December 16, 2015 | At the Firm , Community Service Social Share
Make the season of giving a year-round endeavor
For many, December is a time of giving. But for Chain | Cohn | Clark, giving isn’t limited to the one month.
In fact, the law firm has donated, supported and participated in dozens of Bakersfield and Kern County causes throughout 2015. As we approach the end of 2015 and look ahead to the New Year, please consider donating and supporting the following law firm-sponsored causes and nonprofit organizations:
- Fog Run: The 27th Fog Run by the Probation Auxiliary County of Kern will take place on Jan. 9, 2016, and benefits local victims of violent crimes, and to help at-risk youth turn their lives around.
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving, Kern County: Chain | Cohn | Clark is a major sponsors and organizer of the group’s annual Walk Like MADD & MADD Dash 5K, aimed to raise awareness in our community of the effect of drinking and driving, raise funds to stop drunken driving and underage drinking locally, and provide support to victims and survivors of drunk driving crashes.
- Bakersfield Crush: A 10 and under competitive club baseball team in Kern County.
- Kern County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce: The law firm sponsors several KCHCC events per year that support local business and raise funds for scholarships.
- Brain Injury Association of California: The annual Walk for Brain Injury aims to raise awareness of traumatic brain injuries throughout Bakersfield and Kern County.
- Kern County Corporate Challenge / League of Dreams: Chain | Cohn | Clark takes part in the annual Olympic-style, business-versus-business competition that benefits League of Dreams, a free Kern County sports league for children with disabilities.
- Walk for Justice: The walk aims to speak out against local cases of police misconduct, wrongful death and civil rights violations.
- Bakersfield West Rotary Cioppino Feed: The annual fundraiser benefits the Kern Coalition Against Human Trafficking, the Bakersfield West Rotary Breast Cancer Fund at San Joaquin Community Hospital, the Bakersfield West Rotary Foundation and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Kern County.
- Philippine Weekend: The annual celebration in Delano highlights cultural history and the heritage of the Philippines, and raises funds for goodwill in Delano. Attorney James Yoro is an active participant.
- Bakersfield Museum of Art: Year-round, Chain | Cohn | Clark supports the local art museum and its educational programs.
- Bike Bakersfield: The law firm partners with this bicycle advocacy group to give safety helmets to children in need.
- U.S. Army All-Star Bowl: The Kern County all-star football game helps support local athletics.
- Kern County Bar Association: Law firm attorneys are members of this group. The foundation provides an outlet for charitable giving which will recognize, promote, and encourage professionalism, equal access to justice and public awareness of the role of judges and lawyers in our community.
- North of the River Chamber of Commerce: The law firm supports several NOR Chamber events that support local businesses and supports local charities.
- Downtown Business Association: The group provides support to downtown Bakersfield businesses, and in a new Downtown Clean Team project — supported by Chain | Cohn | Clark — provides jobs to homeless center residents while keeping our town clean.
- San Joaquin Community Hospital, Grossman Burn Center: For years, the firm has supported the center that provides care to local burn victims. You can find attorney Matt Clark manning a grill during the annual 5 Alarm BBQ fundraiser.
- Bakersfield Firefighters Burn Foundation: This nonprofit service is dedicated to assisting burn survivors and assuring the best possible burn care is provided to our community.
- Optimal Hospice Care, Golf in the Sun and Under the Stars: The group’s annual tournament raises money for the Optimal Hospice Foundation, a nonprofit that organizes activities aimed to ensure that hospice care and other compassionate programs are available for families facing a life-limiting illness, with particular emphasis on the under-insured or uninsured population.
- New Advances for People with Disabilities: The local nonprofit provides critical services to some of the most vulnerable residents in Kern County.
- California Applicants Attorneys Association: The group strives to help attorneys fighting to help those with work-related injuries.
- Nathan’s Army 5K: The annual race aims to raise awareness and fight against Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma — DIPG for short.
- California Highway Patrol CHiPs for Tips: The fundraiser supports the California Association of Highway Patrolmen Widows and Orphans Trust Fund, which goes toward to families when a loved one is killed in or off the line of duty.
- CSU Bakersfield Alumni Association Party in the Park: The association’s annual event raises funds for alumni scholarships, membership outreach, and mentoring opportunities for current CSUB students. Attorneys Beatriz Trejo and Chad Boyles are alumni of CSUB.
- Bakersfield Active 20-30 Club: The local group of young philanthropists puts on several annual events that support local children’s charities, including Christmas Experience and Childspree.
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Kern County: This well-known group enables all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
- Latina Leaders of Kern County: Our attorneys our members of this group that fosters leadership, identifies and develops opportunities for Latinas, and influences key issues affecting our community.
- National Center for Victims of Crime: This group aims to empower crime victims, and helps them fight against these crimes in civil court.
- India Association of San Joaquin Valley: The group helps support the local Indian community.
This list does not include all nonprofits, organizations and fundraising events supported by Chain | Cohn | Clark. For more on the law firm’s community work, click here.