September 21, 2022 | At the Firm , Community Service Social Share
11th ‘Grito de Dolores’ Celebration in Downtown Bakersfield Honors 30 Kern County Students, Scholarship Recipients (Sponsored By Chain | Cohn | Clark)
Thirty students received scholarships during the 11th annual “Grito de Dolores” celebration hosted by the Kern County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, sponsored in part by Chain | Cohn | Clark.
This year’s Grito de Dolores commemorated the 212th Mexican Independence Day. The local celebration was took place in person this year for the first time in three years, at the Liberty Bell in downtown Bakersfield. It was also televised live on Telemundo. The event included folkloric dancers, mariachi and banda music groups, and a ceremony honoring 30 Kern County students and scholarship recipients, awarded by the Kern County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Business Education Foundation, of which Chain | Cohn | Clark marketing director sits on the board of directors.
Mexican Independence Day is Sept. 16 each year. The Grito, which occurred in the small Mexican town of Dolores, was the rallying call made by a Roman Catholic priest in front of his church to the battle against Spain.
The Grito celebration also takes place at the start of National Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States.
Presenting sponsors for the 11th El Grito de Dolores celebration were Jim Burke Ford Lincoln & Chevron. Scholarships were provided by Chain Cohn Clark, Aera Energy LLC, XM Garcia Law, Klein DeNatale Goldner, Alvarez Healthcare, and an anonymous donor. Here are the 30 scholarship recipients, and their schools.
- Tyler Drake Silva: Bakersfield College
- Kairiee Camille Salvador Abat: Centennial High
- Mayam Citlary Mejia: Cesar Chavez High
- Mauricio Mariscal: South High
- Benjamin Chavez: Bakersfield College
- Dayana Limon Santiago: Wasco High
- Jennifer Amaya: Wasco High
- Ava Elizabeth Damo: Frontier High
- Ella Estephanie Reynozo Shaw: Garces Memorial High
- Faith Bazaldua: Shafter High
- Erik De Jesus Rodriguez Silva: Shafter High
- Nevaeh Snow: Wasco High
- Miriam Ramos: Bakersfield College
- Jocelyn Barrera: Wasco High
- Leslie Ariana Rodriguez: Cesar Chavez High
- Kassandra Dominguez: Wasco High
- Melony Nevarez: Shafter High
- Alicia Jazmine Guerrero: Arvin High
- Arely A Rodriguez Mercado: Bakersfield College
- Enevy Lopez: Wasco High
- Leslie Rodas: Bakersfield College
- Kayla Loza: Arvin High
- Sebastian Alvidrez: Taft College
- Madison Gregorio: Stockdale High
- Isabella Rose Trevino: Cesar Chavez High
- Dayana Zavala: Arvin High
- Imelda Meza Torres: Cesar Chavez High
- Ilene Cardenas: Shafter High
- Angel Perez Baez: Shafter High
- Nevaeh Faith Minel: Delano High
If you or someone you know is injured in an accident at the fault of someone else, or injured on the job no matter whose fault it is, contact the attorneys at Chain | Cohn | Clark by calling (661) 323-4000 or filling out a free consultation form.