Chain | Cohn | Clark takes part in Kern High School District ‘Principal Partners’ Day’
Each year, the Kern High School District hosts an half-day open house at all 20 district campuses, aimed at giving more than 200 local business, government and education representatives a sneak peek into campus life.
It’s called “Principal Partners’ Day,” and the Bakersfield personal injury law firm Chain | Cohn | Clark was happy to take part in the event on Wednesday, Oct. 8.
“Our Principal Partners’ Day program is a perfect opportunity to get a firsthand look at how the District’s many ‘win-win partnerships’ benefit both our students and our community,” said KHSD Superintendent Bryon Schaefer on the district website.
The open house provides an in-depth look at each campus’ programs and services, academic and extracurricular. For example, at Ridgeview High School, participants witnessed the school’s band and color guard in action, the district’s program for the blind and visually impaired (headquartered at Ridgeview High), an art class, a biology class, a history class and much more. Guests get to meet and interact with teachers, students and other school officials. The school’s Associated Student Body representatives provide the tours.
The day finishes with a lunch, bringing all participants and school representatives together, at Doubletree Hotel in Bakersfield.
For Chain | Cohn | Clark, taking part in Principal Partners Day is only natural. The law firm prides itself on being locally founded, and its attorneys and staff have deep local roots. In fact, all of the attorneys have connections to local schools, and regularly assist and volunteer for local high school programs. For example:
- Managing partner David Cohn graduated from West High School in KHSD, and then attended Bakersfield College before transferring to the University of Southern California, followed by Southwestern Law School.
- Partner David Stiles graduated from Bakersfield High School in KHSD.
- Partner Matthew Clark graduated from Garces Memorial High School in Bakersfield. He has volunteered in years past in coaching Mock Trial teams.
- Partner James Yoro also graduated from Garces Memorial High School in Bakersfield.
- Associate Chad Boyles graduated from Highland High School in KHSD, in northeast Bakersfield.
Chain | Cohn | Clark would like to thank the Kern High School District and campus officials for opening its doors to the Bakersfield community.