Chain | Cohn | Clark featured in Bakersfield Life Magazine
Chain | Cohn | Clark was recently highlighted in Bakersfield Life Magazine, which included the law firm’s partners — David Cohn, Matt Clark and Jim Yoro — being featured on the cover of the magazine. You can read the magazine article focused on the law firm below, or view the article in the magazine version by clicking here.
Not many law firms in Kern County – or outside of Kern County, for that matter – can compare to the history, results, and reputation of Chain | Cohn | Clark. The Bakersfield-based accident and injury firm is commemorating 85 years in 2019; that alone is something that is unmatched by local law firms of its kind.
Here are some other standout facts about Chain | Cohn | Clark:
- For 85 years, the firm has been firmly cemented in downtown Bakersfield, dedicated to helping Kern County’s residents. Morris B. Chain first set up shop in the Haberfelde Building in 1934 in downtown Bakersfield, where the firm has been since. The firm name has changed over the years – including being known by many as Chain-Younger – but the “Chain” name has remained.
- Throughout this time, Chain | Cohn | Clark has earned more multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for its clients than any other law firm locally.
- The seven attorneys at the law firm have 150-plus years of combined experience in accident and injury-related law. They include partners David Cohn, Jim Yoro, and Matt Clark, and associate attorneys Chad Boyles, Beatriz Trejo, Tanya Alsheikh, and Doug Fitz-Simmons. All except one of these lawyers were raised in Bakersfield. Learn more about each of the attorneys by watching their stories at chainlaw.com.
- The firm recently received a ranking in the 2020 Edition of U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Law Firms,” the oldest and among the most respected attorney ranking services in the world.
- Firm partners and attorneys David Cohn and James Yoro, too, have been recognized in the publication’s “Best Lawyers in America” program.
- Chain | Cohn | Clark was recently one of three organizations inducted into the inaugural “Best of Kern County” Hall of Fame, awarded to men, women, businesses, and organizations with a long history of excellence in their respective fields, and who also give back to our community.
- The firm has been selected into the “Best Law Firm” category in The Bakersfield Californian’s Readers’ Choice Poll each year since the category was introduced in 2013.
- In last year’s Bakersfield Life Magazine “Top Attorneys” poll, which highlighted the best local lawyers in 19 specialty areas as voted on by their peers, Chain | Cohn | Clark lawyers were selected as “Top Attorneys” under the following categories: Accidents & Injuries, Male Attorney, Workers’ Compensation, and Female Attorney.
- Chain | Cohn | Clark was given the “Community Champion” award by Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), Kern County for the law firm’s work toward raising awareness locally and helping victims.
The firm is commemorating its 85-year anniversary in part by looking back at its local history of serving Kern County. In a series of videos, the law firm partners featured on the cover – David Cohn, Jim Yoro, and Matt Clark – share stories of the law firm’s origins, and its values that remain true today.
To watch them, and learn more about the law firm’s anniversary, visit bit.ly/chainlaw85.